Over the past few weeks it has become clear that the world is facing a very difficult time. Like you, we are deeply concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our communities and our families safe and healthy.
On behalf of Treasure Valley Hearing, I wanted to send a personal note to you to let you know how we are responding to the situation. We take our responsibility to our customers, patients, vendors and team members very seriously. We are closely following the CDC guidelines and recommendations to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
What We Are Doing:
- In addition to our normal, deep cleaning and sanitization processes on all surfaces and instruments, we have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures between all visitors to the clinics as well as throughout the work day.
- We have been known for having cookies out for you for over 30 years. For the safety of all, we have made the decision to remove the cookies from the waiting rooms until this crisis passes.
- Along this same line, we are removing magazines, books and other items that might be frequently touched by multiple people.
- Our point of sale products like ear wash and earmold cleaner, etc. will be removed from the waiting rooms to avoid multiple handling. However, they are for sale, please just ask.
- Our clinics have small hand sanitizer bottles available for you (1 bottle per customer while supplies last). Ask at the front office counter.
- Clorox wipes are in the front waiting room for you to use while in our clinic.
- Our team members have been instructed to wash their hands frequently and to generously use hand sanitizer. They are keeping all surfaces wiped down and disinfected.
- We are taking sensible steps to protect our team members. This means fewer meetings and limiting travel. For team members who frequently interact with the community, as of last week, we have halted all of those activities.
- Our team members have been advised to stay home if they or anyone in their household is sick. We realize that this can be disruptive as we may have to reschedule appointments. If this should happen, we apologize for any inconvenience but please trust that this is for the health and safety of all.
- We are monitoring new developments so that we can quickly adapt and continue to provide the level of hearing care you expect
What You Can Do:
- The CDC has stated that high risk populations include the elderly and patients with underlying, compromised medical conditions. If you are in a high-risk group we want you to stay safe. If you currently have an appointment scheduled in one of our clinics, please call us to reschedule.
- If you are being treated for, or are experiencing symptoms of a fever, cough, virus, chest infection or have traveled out of the state of Idaho within the last 14 days, please call to reschedule your appointment time.
- If your hearing aid(s) is not working, and you are concerned about coming to the clinic, you can certainly have someone else bring the hearing aid to the clinic for you. Another option is to let us know you are coming and to wait in the car while we examine your hearing aid and come up with a plan for you.
- If you need batteries or other supplies and are concerned about coming to our clinic, please call us and we will put the needed items in the mail to you.
- Staying home right now is your best course of action. If you have a routine clean and check appointment already scheduled, you may want to reschedule the appointment for a later date.
- If you have been traveling outside of the United States, the CDC recommends self-quarantine for at least 14 days. Please advise us if this is the case for you.
- Finally, the CDC has also made recommendations for domestic travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html. As traveling in crowded airports can put you at increased risk, you may consider rescheduling your appointment after recent travel. It is important to remember that the virus can be spread even in the absence of symptoms.
We recognize that the current situation is challenging for all of us and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our customers, patients, teams and communities.
You are the heart of our company and we look forward to helping you through this difficult time in whatever way is the best for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us.
Jacquie Elcox, BC-HIS
Founder & CEO
Treasure Valley Hearing
1 (208) 377-0019 - Work