Hearing loss is more common than you might think. An average of one in every six people experience hearing loss; so if you are experiencing hearing loss, please know that you are not alone and we are here to help. At Treasure Valley Hearing & Balance, we offer a variety of hearing loss related services. Our team of dedicated, experienced hearing care professionals is here to help you through all aspects of hearing loss and we are ready to work with you and address all of your listening needs. We have a results-oriented approach and work closely with our patients to ensure that our services are tailored to your needs. We work with you and take the time needed to understand your specific needs and concerns and help educate you because informed patients can make better decisions when they understand all of the hearing loss services and options available.
If you can answer yes to any of these questions in our hearing health checklist, then you should schedule a hearing assessment.
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they said?
- Do you have trouble understanding a conversations when there is background noise?
- Do you mishear what people are saying in a group?
- Does it seem that people are always mumbling or not speaking clearly?
- Do you need to set the volume on the television or radio higher than other people to hear comfortably?
- Are you avoiding certain situations and social occasions because it is too difficult to hear conversations?
- Are you experiencing fatigue or stress after listening for a long time?
- Do you find yourself moving closer to the speaker at meetings, seminars, restaurants or religious services to understand them?
- Are you trying to maintain eye contact to better see people’s faces and understand what they are saying?
- Do you find it hard to hear people when they are speaking behind you?
- Do you sometimes miss hearing the doorbell or phone?
- Do you have trouble hearing softer sounds like birds, footsteps, running water, etc?
- Is it difficult to recognize where sounds are coming from?
- Have you been told that you might have a hearing problem?
Have any questions about your hearing health? We are here to help! If you would like to consult with one of our hearing care professionals, contact us today and schedule an appointment at one of our convenient office locations.