Just as with other industries that employ technology and invention, the hearing aid industry is changing and improving all the time. If you haven’t upgraded your hearing aids in a few years, you should look into what is available and how the latest in hearing aid technology can help improve not just your hearing, but also your daily interactions and experiences.
The Latest in Hearing Aid Technology
If you haven’t upgraded your hearing aids in a few years, you should look into the latest in hearing aid technology.
With advancements in today’s hearing aid technology, there are more hearing aid features available now than ever before. The styles available now represent cutting-edge technologies, sleek behind the ear styles, hidden ear canal designs, and incredible accessories and applications to bring your hearing to new levels. Here are some of the latest offerings in hearing aid technology that allow you to confidently engage with the world around you in ways like never before.
New Hearing Aid Technologies
- New hearing aid technology is fast and precise enough to help you differentiate between what is noise and what is speech. Hearing aids now quickly reduce noise and help you hear and converse with multiple speakers at the same time.
- Hearing aids that are specifically engineered to better support how the the brain processes sound.
- New speaker levels to help differentiate speech in noisy situations.
- Rechargeable hearing aids with charges that last longer and charge faster than even before. As an added bonus, rechargeable batteries save you money since you don’t need to buy new battery replacements.
- Sensors that turn off the battery when they are not close to your head. This extends the battery life and reduces the costs involved in replacing batteries.
- New hearing aids allow for wireless connectivity to smartphones and other smart devices such as fitbits, bringing your hearing aids (and you) into modern times.
- No ear molds are needed for some new styles, making getting them fitted a much easier and shorter process.
New Hearing Aid Accessories and Apps
- Wireless, hands-free connectivity devices can help integrate your smartphone to your hearing aids allowing you to hear your phone through your hearing devices. You can also control volume levels, environmental settings and find misplaced hearing aids, and connect to other bluetooth devices through your smartphone.
- Stream music in stereo to both ears.
- Connect to other smart devices and technology via the Internet.
- Provide extra support in previously challenging situations like meetings and large gatherings.
- Accessories are becoming smaller with each improvement. Some are as small as a small clip.
Ease of Use
With all of these improvements in technology, using the hearing aids is easier than ever. If you are worried that all this new technology is going to be complicated to use, you can put your concerns to rest. They don’t require additional knowledge or steps to make them work for you. Instead, they are easier, smaller, and require less time and money. Getting new hearing aids with the latest technology has many benefits.
Still have questions? If you would like to consult with one of our hearing care professionals to learn more about available hearing aid features, contact us today and schedule an appointment at one of our convenient office locations.